Released October 2022
Hello, fam! In this release, we bring a few customization options, the new time field, and custom authorization clients alongside quite a few bugfixes and refactors. Let's dig in!
Label and content available in the html option
Stacked layout for fields
Custom authorization clients
🐛 Bug Fixes
- broken timezone time
- action fields default option broken
- panel too tall
- the panels' overflow hides the filters popup
- search container duplicated on back action
- attachment destroy button broken
- Norwegian translations
- update nokogiri
- unlock view_component
- update rails pg port in the docker setup
- require only the needed rails dependencies
- restore panel shadow and overflow
- white-panel-classes helper global
- Normalize and fixes missing locales
- support optional policy scope
⚠️ Manually require some dependencies
In our efforts to slim down Avo's requirements to include only what we truly need, we removed some gems from our general requirements. So you'll need to require them yourself in your
We documented that thoroughly in the upgrade guide.
👻 Check out our open issues and participate in Hacktoberfest
We have a few issues where we'd need some help, and we marked them as participating in Hacktoberfest, so go check them out.
Update your license URL
In our last newsletter, we mentioned that we're not enforcing the one application/license rule yet, but we'll start doing that from November 25th (one month from now). So, please go to your licenses page and update the URL or IP to match the one you're using for each license.
We're in the process of updating that section of the app, so you'll see some changes in the coming week.
We're here if you need support with updating that information.
🎉 Surprise incoming
We're working on something nice, but we're not quite ready to unveil it. We think you'll ❤️ it.
📢 Avo v3.0
We're still waiting for your feedback for Avo v3, so let's hear it!
Release notes: https://avohq.io/releases/2.18
Release video: https://youtu.be/CfnIecDWX4E
Subscribe to Short Ruby Newsletter: https://shortruby.com/
Subscribe to SupeRails: https://www.youtube.com/c/SupeRails
That's it for this week 🙌
Thank you for being awesome,
Adrian & Paul
- feature: label and content available in the html option @adrianthedev (#1350)
- feature: stacked fields by default @adrianthedev (#1349)
- Extract pundit to client @dhnaranjo (#1300)
Timefield @sarahlafer (#1311)
🐛 Bug Fixes
- fix: broken timezone time @adrianthedev (#1344)
- fix: action fileds default option broken @adrianthedev (#1346)
- fix: panel too tall @adrianthedev (#1345)
- fix: the panels overflow hides the filters popup @adrianthedev (#1340)
- fix: search container duplicated on back action @rajaravivarma-r (#1339)
- fix: attachment destroy button broken @adrianthedev (#1309)
- fix: Norwegian translations @tersor (#1320)
- chore: update nokogiri @adrianthedev (#1332)
- chore: unlock view_component @adrianthedev (#1319)
- update rails pg port from 5432 to 5433 @ericdain (#1306)
- refactor: require only the needed rails dependencies @adrianthedev (#1280)
- refactor: restore panel shadow and overflow @adrianthedev (#1348)
- refactor: white-panel-classes helper global @adrianthedev (#1324)
- Normalize and fixes missing locales @PedroAugustoRamalhoDuarte (#1312)
- refactor: support optional policy scope @adrianthedev (#1308)