Working on Avo 3
We're working on v3.0 to make it the best Content Management System for
Ruby on Rails.
Here are some things that we are commited to work on next 👉
We want to get in touch with you to tell us what you need in Avo to make your development experience better and faster.
So get in touch with us on our forum.
For a more detailed road-map check out our GitHub project.
Last updated Feb 16th, 2024
- ThemingIn progress
- Make Avo look like you need it to
- Track resource changesIn progress
- Be on top of what goes on in your Avo admin.
- Resource adaptersIn progress
- Go beyond Active Record and use Mongo, HTTP, and other adapters
- Embedded modeComing soon
Use your own
ApplicationControllerand your own layout.
- Nested resourcesComing soon
- Create child resources at the same time with the parent resource
- Dynamic fieldsComing soon
- Show/hide fields depending on the state of other fields
- Inject partialsComing soon
- Inject partials in common places in your app
- Launch v3.0Done
- Launch the most customizable Avo version yet
- Dynamic filtersDone
- Give your users the ultimate filtering control
- Custom resource controls on all pagesDone
- Customize the buttons the user sees on any resource page
- Scopes on IndexDone
- Get to your filtered data easier
- Resource cardsDone
- Add cards to your resource page
- Custom fields from templatesDone
- Generate custom fields easier using existing templates
- Custom view components for main viewsDone
Easily replace the main views
- Custom view components for fieldsDone
- Easier field customization without generating new field types
- Intelligent view objectDone
- Tell don't ask. An easier way to detect out the view.
- Better TailwindCSS integrationDone
- Completely new TailwindCSS pipeline so you can use all the custom classes
- Better fields APIDone
- Get more granular control over the way you declare fields
- Plugins APIDone
- Create and redistribute your Avo enhancements
- Records preview on <code>Index</code>Done
- Have a peek in your records without opening the full page.
- Testing helpersDone
- First party test helpers for easier testing
- Unified dynamic block APIDone
- All Avo blocks are declared without any arguments
- Asset managerDone
- Easier setup for your custom assets
- Action policy supportDone
- Use the authorization framework of choice
- Custom policiesDone
- Get more flexibility in your authorization process
- Resource sidebarDone
- Get more room for your fields
- Smart resource generationDone
- Don't start with a blank canvas.
- Common components for custom toolsBeta
- Don't compromise on aesthetics and use the same components we use.
- Customizable resource controls on show pageDone
- Customize the buttons the user sees on the show page
- Scoped search for has many associationsDone
- Search records with the parent record in mind.
- Skip show viewDone
- You don't need the Show view? We got you covered!
- Custom resources for has_manyDone
- Use different resource configurations for your has_many associations
- Conditionally show the data you need
- Group information together
- Stimulus JS integrationDone
- Make your forms as dynamic as you want them to be
- Resource toolsDone
- Add custom content to your resource's show & edit pages.
- Tags fieldDone
- Easily manage lists for your records
- Sidebar/Menu editorDone
- Configure the sidebar items as you need them
- Mobile interface/Responsive designDone
- Easily browse your data on mobile devices.
- Launch v2.0Done
- A fresh coat of paint and a lot of improvements
- All your metrics at a glance.
- Better search experienceDone
- Search one resource or search all resources.
- Custom fieldsDone
- Bring your own fields into Avo easy-peasy.
- Remove Webpacker as a dependencyDone
- Use your own asset pipeline with Avo.
- Custom toolsDone
- Add even more functionality to Avo.
- Localize your app for your customers.
- Leverage Pundit policies to build a robust and scalable authorization system.
- Launch V1.0Done
- Launch the Hotwire version.