v2.21.0 - Callable action messages, disabled field option, better authorization in associations
Hey gang! Even if we said we weren't going to ship more features, we just can't say no.
Add disabled option
Callable action message
🐛 Bug Fixes
- expose the parent record from association policy methods
- flash messages
- i18n missing translations
- card missing current_user
- association policy has the wrong record
- time fields without relative don't cast the time
- Don't set the csrf token if it's not available
- resource getting wrong model
- select all when query can't be converted to_sql
- incorrectly cached select field options
- get correct search results count
- minor refactor to nested fish review
- add nested resource example to dummy app
- Warn developers if they forget to set attachment_key on trix fields
- Added nn translations for pagy
- refactor: trix id not unique when used as native
Check the upgrade guide
We updated the associations' authorization methods, so please check them out.
Subscribe to good content
Lucian published a fantastic new Short Ruby Newsletter issue, and Yaroslav posted an excellent inline-editing tutorial on YouTube, so make sure you give them a subscribe and a follow 🙌
Work is going well on Avo 3
We worked a lot on the internals these past weeks making it more dependable and maintainable in the long run. Next, we're adding ways to extend the functionality from the outside using plugins.
Nested records on new
We published a new guide on adding nested records on the create view. That was requested a lot from users, and we might support it in Avo 3. Until then you can manually add it using this recipe.
Keep the feedback coming
Don't forget to send us your feedback for Avo 3. Let us know your pain points. Also, anytime you have one of those "darn it, it's so difficult to do this in Avo" moments, just write to us.
Thank you, and keep being awesome ✌️
Adrian and Paul
Release notes: https://avohq.io/releases/2.21
Release video: https://youtu.be/bxSG2_ox7zg
Subscribe to Short Ruby Newsletter: https://shortruby.com/
Subscribe to SupeRails: https://www.youtube.com/c/SupeRails