v2.27.0 - Dynamic tags field, find record method, manually register resources
We have an excellent release for Avo 2 today. 5 new features that I know I have wanted to bring in for a long time, so let's get started
- Authorization for records reordering
- callable tab names will enable you to use those translation strings on your tab names.
- manually load resources is super handy for those setups that might error out on boot-time. Docs
- find record method. It will enable you to choose how Avo finds a record. Particularly useful if you use something like the
prefixed_idsgem or when you change the
- dynamic tags field will enable you to create richer dropdowns with AJAX support. Perfect for those action fields. Docs:
🐛 Bug Fixes
- VisibleItems view gets wrongly memoized
- By default have text fields convert ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8
- add Avo extensions and TestBuddy
Work on Avo 3 is going well. We stopped feature development to ensure we have everything ready for the launch. We'll share some more news next week.
We're putting together a European conference
I'm incredibly excited to share with you Friendly.rb. With a focus on community, we're creating a cozy conference with about 100-ish attendees and some of the best European speakers.
We want to be the perfect blend of learning and relaxation, offering a warm and welcoming atmosphere to catch up with your friends or make new ones in person.
The first 30 tickets are discounted as Early Bird (only 13 left).
Xavier Noria and Elena Tănăsoiu are our first confirmed speakers, with a few more to follow.
The CFP is open, so if you want to share your knowledge with the Ruby community, this is the perfect time to apply.
We have limited sponsor spots available, so if you think your company is interested, contact us at email@example.com.
This week's Short Ruby is 🔥🔥🔥
All I will say is that I'm starting to block an hour every week to check out all the goodies in Short Ruby.
Yaro is killing it
Yaro from SupeRails put out unique Hotwire content and has a new "Reverse engineering" series. Go check it out!
That's about it for this week.
Thanks for being awesome✌️
Adrian and Paul
Release notes: https://avohq.io/releases/2.27
Release video: https://youtu.be/YzQHMo5NdoI
Subscribe to Short Ruby Newsletter: https://shortruby.com/
Subscribe to SupeRails: https://www.youtube.com/@SupeRails
Survey results: https://avohq.io/survey/2022