v2.31.0 - Forward association policies, table view type for files and filters helper
Released April 2023
Hey everyone 👋
Another hefty release today. We broke a few things, fixed a few things, and released cool features.
- files view type
- Add helpers for encoding/decoding filter params
🐛 Bug Fixes
- readonly as proc bug
- ActiveStorage current url_options should be set as a hash of url options
- avoid form manipulation on non-visible fields
- tailwindcss generator
- another approach on attachments field level authorization
- disable sorting on id field
- allow field visible false
- support view component v3 by updating slot setter methods to new with_* API
- update nokogiri
- Remove orphan closing tags from SVGs
Make sure you check your
visible field option. It's going to be executed on the
update actions, so when you create or save a record. So if you're doing some kind of check for visibility there based on the actual record, please check it out.
We are now enforcing the
view_component gem with a version of
2.54 or higher in order to have
view_component 3.0 working, so ensure that your app works with
Good first issues
We have a few PRs that are easy to tackle and a few where we need help, so check them out and if you have some time we'd love to have your contributions.
We received about 20 requests for trying out the new Avo version 3. We'll finish up the docs and then start rolling out the closed beta.
PLRUG and other meetups
I loved going to PLRUG and Visuality.pl to speak to other ruby developers about Avo. I think that presentation not only made it click for them on how Avo works but I also highlighted a few cool things they can do with it.
So, I'm open on doing more demos like that one in your meetup, conference, or software house.
Friendly.rb is still on
We know that we were in a bit of a radio silence about Friendly.rb after the announcement of Rails World, but we're happy to say that we're still going forward with our plans in throwing the best conference where you want to go this fall.
We have some cool talks prepared, nice activities, and the best swag.
Subscribe to our Twitter and Mastodon accounts to stay up to date with the news.
Thanks for being awesome✌️
Adrian and Paul
Release notes: https://avohq.io/releases/2.31
Release video: https://youtu.be/sQx1W3MiFf8
Subscribe to Short Ruby Newsletter: https://shortruby.com/
Subscribe to SupeRails: https://www.youtube.com/@SupeRails
Subscribe to Rails tricks: https://www.railstricks.com/
More information and release video here
- feature: inheritassociationfrom_policy @Paul-Bob (#1704)
🐛 Bug Fixes
- fix: readonly as proc @Paul-Bob (#1705)
- Fix: ActiveStorage current url_options should be set as a hash of url options @stevegeek (#1707)
- Chore: support view component v3 by updating slot setter methods to new
with_*API @stevegeek (#1698)