v2.33.0 - Quality of life improvements and plenty of bugfixes
Hey everyone 👋
We have a few quality-of-life improvements for this release and many bug fixes.
- callable app_name
- add include option for actions list
- when installing Avo detect if User model exists and create a resource for it
🐛 Bug Fixes
- valid file cache store path
- to count by primary key of model
- through reflection in generator
- default field option as a block in actions
- edit authorization in show_controls
- encodes special chars in search query
- Add space after overflow-auto class
- refactor: proper file store init
- Include pagination on resource index map view
- Refer to cache class without calling them
- Replace SimpleMDE with EasyMDE
- better memory store lookup
- enable action namespacing
Yaro released a podcast episode with Amanda Perino about Rails World. Bookmark the page. I think you'll see something cool there soon.
Short Ruby Newsletter is back in one piece
Lucian ran a test to see if there's more value in having two newsletters (Code and Content) separately. I think folks voted for the "one for all" strategy.
There's still fantastic content, from cool snippets to what's happening in the community, so subscribe if you haven't.
Friendly is coming along so nicely! We booked most of the main speakers and kept a slot for lightning talks. So stay close for announcements in the following weeks.
We still have eight more sponsorship spots next to Andy Croll and Flagrant, so if you have a Ruby product or company and want to support a cool event, come check us out.
Avo 3 is coming along nicely. Some of our beta testers have pushed it to production already. If you want to see a live Avo 3 app, check avodemo.com.
See you at RailsSaas 🇬🇷
Next week Yaro and I will hang out at RailsSaas in Athens, so if you want to spend a lovely weekend on a Greek island with us, send us a message.
That's about it for this week.
Thank you for being awesome!
Adrian and Paul
Release notes: https://avohq.io/releases/2.33
Release video: https://youtu.be/nsamYLC_A74
Subscribe to Short Ruby Newsletter: https://shortruby.com/
Subscribe to SupeRails: https://www.youtube.com/@SupeRails
Subscribe to Rails tricks: https://www.railstricks.com/